Best in the Desert (BITD), the largest off-road race series in North America, announced that it is adding a night race for UTVs at the "Method Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic by Polaris" on October 11th to 14th 2018 in Laughlin, Nevada (USA). The Laughlin Desert Classic UTV Night Race will kick off a weekend of racing activities and will be held on Thursday night October 11th, 2018 and presented by Baja Designs "The Scientists of Lighting". This marks the first 100%-night race in Best in the Desert’s long and storied history of promoting off-road races and it’s only fitting that Baja Designs, one of the most recognized names in off road lighting, presents this historic event.
"We are very excited to be adding the UTV night race to what is already a packed weekend of racing activities at Laughlin," commented Best in the Desert Operations Mgr. Donald Jackson. "And to have Baja Designs as the presenting sponsor is just icing on the cake. The UTV class is one of the fastest growing classes in all off-road racing and deserves to have a stand-alone event of its own."
"We are very pleased to be able to sponsor such a historic event for Best in the Desert and the UTV community," commented Baja Designs' Sports Marketing & Events Coordinator, Dan Eckardt.
"We are enthusiasts and racers ourselves and see this as a great opportunity to showcase our support for our customers and off-road racing in general. Plus there is no better way to test our products than under the extreme conditions of actual competition."
The Method Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic by Polaris and the UTV Night Race presented by Baja Designs will be the 7th round of Best in the Desert’s 2018 "The American Off-Road Racing Series" and is sure to be an instant classic. With racing for cars, trucks and now UTVs as well, it will no doubt be an action packed weekend at the river.
Laughlin Desert Classic UTV Night Race Facts
- UTV Registration, Tech, Contingency and Drivers Meeting on Oct. 11th
- There will be two separate groups running eight (8) laps each over a 16-mile course.
- First group will consist of UTV Pro Production and Sportsman Classes. Second group will be UTV Turbo and Unlimited Classes.
- First group start: approximately 6:00 PM (sundown).
- Second group start: approximately 10:30 PM.
- Racers will have 3 hours and 45 minutes to complete their race.
- Awards presentation will be held Friday afternoon, October 12
Photos: Carlisle Tire, BITD
BEST IN THE DESERT WEBSITE
SHARE THIS ARTICLE