The Nissan Armada Snow Patrol, which makes its world debut this week at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show, takes Nissan's flagship SUV to new heights – literally. With its three-inch suspension lift, extreme off-road tires, massive front bumper, light bar and roof rack, the one-off Snow Patrol project takes Armada out of the carpool line and onto snow covered mountains – returning Armada to its roots as an adventure-ready off-roader.
As for the transformation from showroom stock to full Snow Patrol outfitting, the focus was on fitting more aggressive wheels and tires – and outfitting the exterior with the tools for extreme winter driving. "With its rugged fully-boxed ladder frame, powerful V8, advanced all-wheel-drive system and easily engaged Snow Mode setting on the 4WD Mode Control dial, Armada is ready to tackle the most adverse climate situations. The Armada Snow Patrol takes it to the next level," said Billy Hayes of Nissan North America.
The project build started with the installation of a complete suspension lift kit from Pro Comp – giving additional clearance for the new 35-inch-tall Pro Comp MT2 maximum traction extreme off-road tires. The new tires are mounted on 20x9-inch Cognito Series 61 wheels with a Satin Black milled finish.
To help safely navigate backwoods trails, the Armada Snow Patrol's front end was beefed up with a Smittybilt off-road bumper with grille protector bar and winch mount with 12,000-pound capacity winch. Helping light the Snow Patrol's way is a roof-mounted DR36 double row LED light bar with flood and spot capabilities, along with a pair of grille-mounted 5-inch LED round motorsports lights.
M-1A running boards/rock sliders were added to help prevent road debris damage, and to supplement the Armada's large interior cargo space, a one-piece Defender rack was mounted to the roof.
Inside, premium leather-wrapped front seats with pearl color surfaces and cement color perforated inserts, cobalt color wings, contrasting cobalt stitching and Armada Snow Patrol logo seatback inserts were added. A custom body wrap by Icon Image Graphics, with special Armada Snow Patrol logo, was the final touch.
"The Armada Snow Patrol project was completed using readily available aftermarket parts – thanks especially to Pro Comp and Katzkin – showing owners how easy it is to take their family adventures to the next level even in some of winter's most severe conditions," said Hayes. The Nissan Armada Snow Patrol will be on public display at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show, which runs Feb. 10-19 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
Nissan Armada Snow Patrol Project Build Specifications
Drivetrain: 390-horsepower 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8; 7-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, manual mode and Synchronized Rev Control and tow/haul mode for enhanced performance and fuel efficiency; all-wheel drive; 8,500-pound maximum towing capacity (when properly equipped)
- Pro Comp Cognito Series 61 20x9 wheels, Satin Black milled
- Pro Comp MT2 maximum traction extreme off-road tires, 35x12.50R20
- Pro Comp Suspension lift kit 2-inch front/1-inch rear level lift
- Smittybilt Off-road bumper M1A2 with grille protector bar, XRC 12,000-lb winch
- Smittybilt Side steps M1A2
- Pro Comp Fog lights 5-inch LED round motorsports lights
- Pro Comp Light Bar Explorer Lighting S4 LED Cube and LED light bars
- Smittybilt Sport overfenders M-1 fender flares with 2-inches extra tire coverage
- Smittybilt Roof rack Defender one-piece, 4' x 4'
- Nissan Australia Weather shields
- Katzkin Front seats – Premium leather-wrapped front seats, pearl color with cement color perforated inserts and cobalt wings and contrasting stitching, Armada Snow Patrol logo seatback inserts
- Icon Image Graphics Geometric body wrap
- Weather Tech All weather floor liners
SHARE THIS ARTICLE